General Information: Germany is located in central Europe. It is a democratic, parliamentary and federal state structure country since 1949. The area of Federative Germany, which was united with East Germany on 3 October 1990, is 357.021 Km2.
With a population of over 82 million Germany is the most populous country in the European Union. 88% of the population lives in cities or around the cities. The largest cities are Berlin (population: 3.4 million), Hamburg (1.7 million), Munich (1.3 million), Cologne (1.0 million) and Frankfurt am Main (650.000). Germany has 16 provinces each of which has its own constitution, parliament, and government.
Germany is the third most selected by students country in the world. German educated workers are more popular with employers in the world. German-educated workers are more popular with employers around the world.
- Education recognized all over the world. German education is one of the best in the world. Whether in machines or in education, the article “Made in Germany” is known as a stamp of quality by people. Germany is particularly famous for its education in science and engineering.
- Educational programs in every area. There are about 17,500 educational programs at different degrees (bachelor, master, doctor) in 450 state-owned universities in Germany. Universities mostly focus on scientifically-oriented education in various fields. Universities of Applied Science focus on the practice-oriented education.
- Education in English. If you do not know German, you can study in English. There are numerous programs in English (especially in master’s degree) in Germany.
- You are not alone. There are many foreign students like you in German universities. You will gain friends from all over the world and get acquainted with the cultures of many countries. Universities have special offices to support and help foreign students.
- Low tuition fees. Tuition at all public universities in Germany is free because German universities are funded by the state. Students are required to pay a semester fee (approx. 100-250 euros) only.
- Affordable Living Costs. Living expenses in Germany are equivalent to the average European living costs. Students can benefit from student discounts in many places simply by showing student cards.
- Scholarship Programs. If you have good academic performance, you also have the chance to earn a scholarship. DAAD is one of the Germany’s and world’s largest scholarships. Here you can find a scholarship that suits your needs regardless of your country, university and program.
- Safe country. Germany is one of the safest countries in the world. You can trust the police in any situation. Whether you live in the city or in the village, you can easily and safely walk around the streets day and night.
- The heart of Europe. Beaches and mountains, city centers, metropolis and nature. Living in Germany means living in neighborhoods in many European countries in the middle of Europe. You can travel to Paris, Prague, Rome or Copenhagen for a few hours by train at any time.
- Learning German will open many doors. German is one of the TOP 10 spoken languages in the world. Almost 185 million people in the world speak German. You can study in Germany without knowing German language. However, studying the German language will make it easier for you to live there, and will have a great impact on your career in the future. The presence of the German language along with the English language in the CV attracts employers.
Languages you can learn in Germany: German and English